4TH ANNUAL PR SUMMIT 2013
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2010, the PR Summit curates and assembles top media influencers, entrepreneurs, marketers, and public relations practitioners under one-tent. This highly culled and selected group takes part in intense panel discussions, debate, keynotes, breakout-sessions and networking. Conference attendees are then armed with insider information on the best-in-class social media, publishing, and communication programs. What works? Why? How?
We share information that generates bottom line results...
- Learn about the role native advertising and social publishing play in the brave new world of branded content.
- Hear top media influencers & entrepreneurs discuss the latest trends and best practices in business communications.
- Learn what works? And what does not work when trying to indentify new communication and marketing channels?
- New content strategies!
- How social media is changing news gathering & reporting.
The PR Summit brings together top thought leaders and enigmatic personalities across a wide range of industries, to discuss pain-points, disruptive ideas, and how new content strategies can affect a companies bottom line. This curation has a compass focused on how content creation, real-time personalization, SEO, and story-telling is shaping the business & consumer landscape. Our desired goal is to help business professionals anticipate the shifts and changes in the market place. We'll showcase how consumer attitudes and social media continue to play a broader role in transforming the way we engage and interact.
A conference pass includes the following details:
- Access to all panel discussions, free WIFI, continental breakfast, roundtable lunch off-site. (Lunch is provided both days to paid attendees, speakers, sponsors and select media ONLY.)
- PAID attendees receive our 'Conference Swag BAG!
- Post-Conference After Party & Networking (Both Days)
- Check out the agenda, schedule and speaker bio's by clicking here.
- Group discounts are available for (5) or more persons attending from the same company or agency. Please email email@example.com to inquire about specifics.
- Tickets are transferable (w/limitations) but non-refundable.
- Please note: Confirmed speakers may cancel at the last minute, due to scheduling conflicts, or personal reasons.
- Travel to San Francisco: The PR Summit has a limited number of discounted rooms available for conference attendees. Please CLICK HERE FOR ROOMS AND RATES.
Confirmed Speakers & Presenters (Day #1, Tuesday, July 30, 2013)
- Andy Wiedlin (Chief Revenue Officer, Buzzfeed)
- Carol Kinsey Gorman (Author, International Speaker/ CKG)
- Christina Farr (Writer, Venture Beat)
- David Sparks (Founder, Spark Media Solutions)
- Don Clark (Deputy Bureau Chief, Wall Street Journal)
- Eric Savitz (Partner, Brunswick Group)
- Heather Meeker (Co-Founder, Meeker-Quinn)
- Jai Decker (CEO, Driventide)
- Joe Vazquez (On-Air Reporter, KPIX-5)
- Jolie O'Dell (Reporter, Venture Beat)
- Jon Swartz (Technology Team Leader, USA Today)
- Kumi Rauf (Social Strategist, Because I'm Black)
- Kym McNicholas (Executive Producer, Emmy Winner, Pando Daily)
- Mike Isaacs (Sr. Editor, AllThingsD)
- Paul Wilke (Founder, Upright Position Communications)
- Rob Farmer (Director Business Development, LANDIS PR)
- Robert Scoble (Startup Liaison Office, Racspace)
- Ronjini Mukhopadhyay (Owner, The Silver Telegram)
- Ryan Singel (Founder, Contextly) (formerly of Wired.com)
- Scott Steinberg (Founder, TechSavvyGlobal)
- Stephanie Losee (Managing Editor, Dell)
- Vanessa Yanez (Sr. Vice President & Partner, Fleishman-Hillard)
Day#1 (Tuesday, July 30th, Agenda/Schedule)
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Registration Opens, Networking, Continental Breakfast Provided
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.: Welcome and Opening Remarks by Shaun Saunders, Founder of PR Summit.
- 9:05 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.: Story-telling segment presented by Andy Wiedlin (Buzzfeed)
- 9:15 a.m. – 9:55 a.m.: Keynote Address Led by Scott Steinberg “Social Story Telling: How to Captivate & Engage Tomorrow’s Audience’”.
- 9:55 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Panel Discussion “How Comms Can Drive the Content Marketing Bus” (Led by Vanessa Yanez, Fleishman-Hillard & Stephanie Losee, Dell)
- 10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Break
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.: Presentation by Carol Gorman “The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Impacts PR & Profits.”
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.: Panel Discussion “Noise in the Quiet Period: Making the Most of a Company’s IPO.” (Led by Paul Wilke)
- 11:55 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion “Its 2013! Do you know where your competitor is?” (Led by Jai Decker)
- 12:30 pm - 1:40 p.m.: Lunch (off site)
- 1:40 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.: Keynote Presentation Led by Kym McNicholas (Pando Daily)
- 2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: Panel Discussion “The Tech Diversity Matrix: The multi-cultural trap, the riddle, the story, how to scale and be successful when your skin color is brown.”
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.: Panel Discussion “Powerful Women in Tech, Society & Media”
- 3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Break
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Panel Discussion “App exposure – identifying the right marketing channel when launching a mobile app.”
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion “How social media & twitter is changing news gathering & reporting?”
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:10 p.m.: Panel Discussion “The Future of Technology & How to Speak Blogger Language 4.0”
- 5:10 p.m. – 5:55 p.m.: Panel Discussion “Bureau Chief: Thoughts, Impressions, Trends-What’s behind the news & stories”
- 5:55 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Final Words, Thank you
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: Post Conference cocktail party/Let’s party
Day#2 (Wednesday, July 31st, 2013 | Speakers, Program, & Schedule)
- Registration Opens, Continental Breakfast Provided
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:05 a.m.: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Led by Roger Royse (Attorney, Royse Law Firm, PC) "Service Contracts for PR Professionals
- Led by Lynne Johnson (Director, Digital & Social Strategy, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide) "HOW THE VISUAL WEB IS CHANGING STORYTELLING FOR BRANDS?"
- 10:25 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.: Coffee Break
- Led by Jason Fass (CEO, Zepp Labs) "Discussing the Role of Storytelling in Design and Product Development."
- Led by Neil Vineberg (CMO, ThingLink) "Driving Engagement Through Storytelling"
- Led by Connie Zheng (Sr. Account Executive, North of Nine Communications) "PR for Crowd-funded Projects in the Age of Kickstarter!"
- 12:35 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.: Lunch, Offsite
- Led by Sharam Fouladgar-Mercer (Co-Founder & Entrepreneur, AirPR) "PR Measurement"
- Led by David Hargreaves (Founder, Beyond) "Brands as Publishers: Why Your Content Strategy is Broken"
- 3:10 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.: Coffee Break
- Led by Jai Decker (Founder, Driventide) "Startup Showcase Show Down!"
- 4:05 p.m. - 4:55 p.m.: Fireside Chat (Speaker TBD)
- 4:55 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: FINAL REMARKS, THANK YOU'S
- 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Post Conference Cocktail Party (Venue TBD)
When & Where
PR Summit Conference Series
The PR Summit assembles top media influencers for one day of intense panel discussions, keynotes, break-out sessions and networking. Join other media professionals, entrepreneurs, marketers and public relations practitioners driving the next generation of PR.